We are not bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as we are a small business however we uphold the principles of them
The Privacy Act 1988 requires Eckert Legal to have procedures in place that cover the collection, use and disclosure of personal information that it receives from you. This information is needed to process the requirements of you and is used for internal purposes. Without this information Eckert Legal is unable to provide access to the Eckert Legal Website and Services to you. Eckert Legal complies with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the collection and disclosure of information regarding you, though it is not obliged to do so.
2. What personal information about you is collected by Eckert Legal?
• Telephone numbers;
• Email addresses;
• Information disclosed by you to Eckert Legal ;
• The IP address of your machine when connected to the internet and domain name from which you are accessing the internet;
• The operating system and browser your computer uses and any search engine you are using;
• Your browsing behaviour;
• The date and time you are visiting;
• The URL’s of the pages you visit;
• The domain name of the page you visit after leaving our website; and
• Information disclosed in emails or online contact with you.
3. This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information provided to Eckert Legal :
• when visiting the Eckert Legal Website or ordering Products and Services;
• when entering into an agreement with Eckert Legal and/or another third party;
• when you request Eckert Legal forward information about you to a third party;
• when you correspond, or communicate with Eckert Legal over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email.
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, Eckert Legal may also obtain personal information about you from third party sources such as its training providers and other third party service providers.
4. Types of information Collected
Eckert Legal gathers two types of information about you, namely:
• aggregated information generated by its systems (or third party systems) to track the Eckert Legal Website’s traffic but that does not identify you personally including:
(i) information to track data such as the total number of visits to the Eckert Legal Website and the number of visits to specific areas of the Eckert Legal Website;
(ii) the domain names of the Eckert Legal Website visitors’ internet service providers; and
• ‘cookies’ and ‘applets’ in its website systems.
• personal information about you such as name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address, website usage and in some cases, billing details and general financial and credit information.
The type of information that Eckert Legal collects about you is dependent on what Products and Services are offered on the Eckert Legal Website and what you purchased from Eckert Legal .
Generally, Eckert Legal does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about race or ethnic origin, religion and sexual preferences. Eckert Legal will only collect sensitive information in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Eckert Legal will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless it is required by law to collect such information.
5. How Eckert Legal uses your personal information
Eckert Legal may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
• inform you of other products, services or offerings available from Eckert Legal or its affiliates, including related entities and business associates, including any marketing material;
• conduct surveys or research about your opinion of current services and products or of potential new services and products that may be offered;
• contact you regarding a product offered by an external business partner which may be of interest to you; and
• provide to likely or actual buyers of the whole or part of Eckert Legal ’ business or for internal restructuring purposes.
6. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
• Eckert Legal may disclose your personal information to its training providers in order to facilitate your enrolment in a selected
• Eckert Legal may also disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for it including the management and maintenance of its information systems.
• Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, Eckert Legal takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
• Other than as outlined above, Eckert Legal will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
7. Access to and correction of information Eckert Legal holds
• Upon your request, Eckert Legal will provide them with access to their personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. If Eckert Legal denies such access, you will be told why.
• Eckert Legal may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you with access to the requested information. To request access to personal information, please contact Eckert Legal using one of the contact options provided on the Eckert Legal Website.
• If you are a Eckert Legal customer, they can access their registered profile at any time.
8. Keeping information up to date
Eckert Legal strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times. If the personal information Eckert Legal holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wishes for their details to be removed from the Eckert Legal Website, please contact us at info@Eckert Legal.com.au so that reasonable steps can be taken to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
9. Storage and security of your personal information
Eckert Legal takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst Eckert Legal strives to protect such information, it cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information you provides to it or obtains from the Eckert Legal Website. Accordingly, use of the Eckert Legal Website is at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into Eckert Legal ’s possession, it will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
10. Links to other websites
The Eckert Legal website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Eckert Legal of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites. If you have any concerns regarding their privacy when visiting a linked third party, they should ensure that they check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
11. Destruction of your personal information
Eckert Legal will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
Changes to Eckert Legal ‘s Privacy Statement
• From time to time, Eckert Legal may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, you should periodically review this statement to remain informed about how Eckert Legal collects and protects personal information.
• Your continued use of the Eckert Legal website constitutes acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
• For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
13. Feedback and questions about privacy and the Eckert Legal website
• Eckert Legal welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Eckert Legal website and services. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services provides and may be shared with Eckert Legal partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
• If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the Eckert Legal website or their dealings with Eckert Legal , you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unsatisfied with how Eckert Legal has collected, used, treated or disclosed your personal information or believe the personal information Eckert Legal holds is incorrect, you are entitled to make a written complaint to Eckert Legal or request your personal information be amended via the Eckert Legal’s Privacy Officer on the details below:
Eckert Legal Privacy Officer
Email: info@Eckert Legal.com.au
Eckert Legal will use its best endeavor’s to investigate your complaint or request and provide a written response to you within 30 days.
If you believe that Eckert Legal has not satisfactorily handled your complaint or request, you have a right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). For details on how to make a complaint please visit the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au
15. Changes to this Policy
Eckert Legal may, from time to time, update or change this policy. You are encouraged to periodically review this policy to be informed of how the Company is using your personal information.
16. Further Information
If you require further information on your privacy rights please visit the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au.